512-Channel USB to DMX Interface and Control Software Package
- USB interface with 512 DMX channels in live mode
- Integrated flash memory for 256 DMX channels in stand-alone mode
- User-friendly, intuitive Cameo DMX software “by Daslight” for Windows and Max OS X available to download free
- Internet connection required for hardware registration and software activation
- Standalone mode upgradable to 512 DMX channels
- Over 15,000 device libraries and a built-in ScanLibrary editor for creating and editing your own device profiles
- Powerful XEEL engine for hundreds of impressive pixel and video effects and movements for moving heads and scanners
- Touchscreen control plus remote control of essential features via iOS and Android smartphones and tablets or MIDI controller
DMX-compatible light units can be conveniently operated via PC and Mac with the Cameo DVC Interface and associated Cameo software powered by Daslight. Used in live mode, the plug-and-play interface provides 512 DMX channels. When used in standalone mode without a computer it offers 256 channels and programmed lightshows can be copied to the integrated Flash memory. The interface features a mini USB port for input, a 3-channel DMX output and is supplied with power via a computer’s USB output. Three buttons facilitate programme selection and dimming in standalone mode. This requires a standard retail 5 V USB power adapter.
The free Cameo software package contains over 15,000 device libraries and a ScanLibrary editor for creating and editing your own device profiles. Individual DMX devices can be selected, placed in groups and added to a 2D view of the lightshow. Dynamic scenes can be created, arranged and placed over each other. The palette feature facilitates light control without fader movements, and the XEEL engine creates hundreds of wide-ranging, exciting effects.
The software includes a comprehensive toolbox for live editing, an audio analyser, a MIDI clock for synchronising light and music speed, and 3D visualisation of the programmed lightshow in real time. The screen layout is fully customisable to individual needs and the free Easy Remote app facilitates remote control by iPhone, iPad and Android devices via Wi-Fi.
After successful registration at https://store.dmxsoft.com/, hardware and software upgrades (fees may apply) are available. These include upgrades for the standalone and live channels, as well as temporary and unlimited licences from Light Raider, and much more.
The DVC interface and free software have been specially developed for Cameo by Daslight. Please refer technical queries to SUPPORT@DASLIGHT.COM.
- Product type: USB to DMX Interface
- Live channels: 512
- Stand Alone channels: 256 (upgradeable to 512)
- Software Mode: full Cameo D4 / full Daslight D4
- Inputs: Mini USB
- Outputs: XLR 3-pin female
- Memory: 64 K
- Dry contact ports: 8
- Operating voltage: 5 V USB bus powered
- Width: 78 mm
- Height: 27 mm
- Depth: 88 mm
- Accessories (included): USB to Mini USB cable
- Weight: 0,193 kg